This is just a quick update about recent days:
1) Our very best friends in the world moved away from Toronto a week ago today. It was terribly devestating, and admittedly, I was a wreck. What a horrible thing to have to live in Toronto without Justin and Elisha Galotti.
2) Thursday we went and saw The White Stripes at the Molson Ampitheatre. It was an outstanding concert – very entertaining and fun. They are brilliant performers. You definitely need to get into these guys and then see them live. Right Debbie???
3) Saw the move Sideways a couple of weeks ago. It was terrible. I don’t recommend it, unless you want to listen to a moron go on about his sexual exploits and see naked overweight people. Don’t let the potential for cool with their wine tasting tempt you. The movie could’ve been good, but it wasn’t.
4) My good friend John Bell has a killer sermon here. Check it out: Jesus in the Garden. We had a great time last night with John at Hemingways in Yorkville.
5) We spent Canada Day at our friend Melissa’s out in Cottam – bonfire and fireworks. It was great to reconnect with Codex Markianus (aka. Mark). I enjoy talking Cuba and communism with him.
6) It was great hanging out with Pastor Valade and Keith for coffee for four hours on Monday morning. These are two of the godliest men I know and it was privelege to talk turkey with them.